Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The holidays are building up! Ben Howard & Noah and the Whale

Yes the sweet holidays! Full of scents and wonderful assortments of food and family. Maybe not for some but for me it certainly feels this way. Cool air and sweaters to riding my bike in the morning. I hope everyone's Halloween was quite nice and gave their best to enjoy it.

I've definitely been slow jamming with nice acoustic sets and melodies to really kick in the fall time. Playing my own guitar is a great buildup to a new year. Recently I've been trying to learn the song "Old Pine" by Ben Howard. If you haven't checked out or heard of this great musician from England his new album Every Kingdom dropped in the beginning of October.

This album definitely isn't something to sniff at. The soul and slow focused passion that he ensues in his songs like "Only Love" and "Black Flies" really drive his voice. "Old Pine" and of course his past release "The Wolves" are uplifting and correspondent. My personal favorite is "Keep Your Head Up" as things getter harder for me sometimes in life it really just reminds you to keep striving.

Though in other music I have been listening too that also just really pushes me into the fall mood has been the fantastic album "Last Night on Earth" by Noah and the Whale. This album really ensures a great feeling about them and is a lot more instrumental than I've thought it was to be when it came out in March of this year. Ever since it's has definitely been on of the albums of the year for me.


As I sit outside and type this, my hunger is calling me. More again next time! Have a wonderful day today and just Keep your head up!



No comments:

Post a Comment